Peter Kostos returns: third coming for Baw Baw councillor
 Baw Baw News  

By // 14:16, Monday 29 July 2013

kostos rises

FORMER Lardner and Mount Worth ward councillor Peter Kostos has been returned to the Baw Baw Shire in a countback.

Pictured: Lazarus rises – Peter Kostos with Baw Baw CEO Helen Anstis this morning. Photo from Baw Baw Shire Council.

Cr Kostos was elected to replace former councillor Bill Harrington in the Mount Worth ward this morning.


ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Kostos has served on the Baw Baw Shire Council twice before, for the Lardner ward from 2005 to 2008 and for the Mount Worth ward from the 2011 countback to the 2012 election.

Six candidates contested the Mount Worth ward in the 2012 election.

Countbacks involve redistributing the votes of a vacating councillor to unsuccessful candidates from the previous election according to voter preferences.

A previously unsuccessful candidate must receive over 50 per cent of redistributed votes to take the position.

This morning’s countback took place  at the Baw Baw Shire Council chambers.

Cr Kostos joins present mayor Murray Cook, who also represents Mount Worth ward.

 Click for the latest Baw Baw News  

2 responses to “Peter Kostos returns: third coming for Baw Baw councillor”

  1. Marion Byrne says:

    Let’s hope he actually does something this time & he may not have to rely on a count back again. Speak up & clearly. Spend some of your allowance on some decent clothes, you are representing the Shire!

  2. Tessa Emmerson says:

    Welcome, Peter, I shall look forward to seeing you at our Community meetings as before, to your courtesy and willingness to listen and represent our interests. I am unsure what is meant by “decent clothes” but I am certain that “manners maketh the man” more than a suit and tie (and the woman too!)