Hundreds in Baw Baw without power after storms
Baw Baw News By William PJ Kulich // 22:22, Tuesday 19 December 2017
Hundreds in Baw Baw’s east are without power after severe weather this evening.
A spokesperson for AusNet Services, the company responsible for the power network in this part of the state, told the Baw Baw Citizen the unplanned outages were likely due to severe weather.
The company’s website presently says the cause of the outages is under investigation, with estimated restoration times between 11pm today and 4.30am tomorrow.
Here is a summary of affected areas presently listed on the AusNet Services outage list, and when people can expect power to be restored. We’re presently unsure if some listings are doubled up, so take the exact number of affected addresses in Allambee and Yarragon with a grain of salt:
- Allambee: 14 addresses, restoration expected by 4am (9 addresses) or 4.30am (5 addresses).
- Allambee Reserve: 41 addresses, restoration expected by 4am.
- Allambee South: 31 addresses, restoration expected by 4 am (one address) or 4.30 am (30 addresses).
- Shady Creek: 45 addresses, restoration expected by 11.30pm.
- Tanjil South: 6 addresses, restoration expected by 11.30pm.
- Trafalgar: 59 addresses, restoration expected by 11.30pm.
- Willow Grove: 54 addresses, restoration expected by 11.30pm.
- Yarragon: 104 addresses, restoration expected by 11.30pm (63 addresses) or 4am (41 addresses).
- Yarragon South: 12 addresses, restoration expected by 4am.
Other addresses may also be affected, and remember that the times above are only estimates.
Are you affected? Let us know in the comments below.
Image: AusNet Services’ map of unplanned outages in Baw Baw this evening.
Get free email updates from the Baw Baw Citizen
Read more Baw Baw News